Logo of LLMC Digital present on all screens.  Clicking here will always return to Homepage
A 501 (c)(3) nonprofit committed to ‘saving the law’
prd server 3Book Bag
Description and Holding Information
Reports of the petition of T. Burgess for a branch rail road in Seekonk, 1836
Senate No. 89 Reports on the petition of Tristam Burgess and others for a branch railroad in Seekonk, &c., &c., &c. On April 11, 1836, the
Committee on Railways and Canals reported a bill: An Act to establish the Seekonk Branch Railroad Company, 1836. Three men and their associates were
incorporated as above, subject to Chapters 39 and 44 of the Revised Statutes to lay out and construct a railroad from Old Wharf Point to a convenient
junction with the Boston & Providence Railroad. The Company was to have a capital stock of 1,000 shares and could buy real estate and rolling stock as
necessary. It had to be organized by October 1, 1836 and have the project completed by September 1, 1837 or this act was void. After four years of
operation, the legislature could alter tolls. The Fall River Railroad could seek to join this railroad at some future date. On April 11, 1836, a very
long minority report was submitted, as well as an appendix of 23 pages, all for a railroad 2,000 feet long. (Digitized from a microfilm copy of title
originally held by the Massachusetts State Library).
Title:   Reports on the petition of Tristam Burgess and others for a Branch Railroad in Seekonk, &c. &c. &c.
OCLC Number:   1389581565
Available Volumes
NameFiche CountOnlinePaper Backup
Vol. 1YesNo