Logo of LLMC Digital present on all screens.  Clicking here will always return to Homepage
A 501 (c)(3) nonprofit committed to ‘saving the law’
prd server 3Book Bag
Description and Holding Information
Joint Comm. on Railways and Canals. Act to incorporate the New Bedford and Fall River Rail-road Company, 1836
Senate No. 62 On March 1, 1836, the Joint Committee on Railways and Canals reported a bill: An Act to incorporate the New Bedford & Fall River
Railroad Company, 1836. Three men and their associates were incorporated as above, subject to Chapters 39 and 44 of the Revised Statutes. The Company
was authorized to build on the route laid out here from Fall River to New Bedford. The capital stock was from 2,000 to 3,000 shares of $100 each. The
Company had to be organized by September 1, 1837 and the project completed by December 31, 1840. The railroad had to fenced. The Legislature could
alter tolls after five years. The same toll had to be charged in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts. (Digitized from a microfilm copy of title
originally held by the Massachusetts State Library).
Title:   The Joint Committee on Rail-ways and Canals, to whom were committed the petition of Andrew Robeson and others, for a rail-road from Fall River to New Bedford, have considered the same, and ask leave to report a bill.
OCLC Number:   1409334776
Available Volumes
NameFiche CountOnlinePaper Backup
Vol. 1YesNo